Imagine that Beccaria, Lombroso, and Durkheim are sitting together having a conversation about the problem of crime. Construct a dialogue between these three (3) theorists that critically assesses each of their approaches to crime and punishment in terms of key ideas and level of analysis.
The theorists discuss their views on crime and punishment reflecting on escalating rates of imprisonment at the end of the 20th/beginning of the 21st centuries.
A dialogue suggests a relatively equal exchange of ideas between participants. It should not be a monologue in which one participant dominates the conversation. Your mark will reflect, in part, your willingness and capacity to construct an exchange between three participants who all make roughly equal contributions. It should highlight the similarities or differences between their ideas, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of their claims.
Each of the thinkers would be expected to refer to their own work and the work of the two other authors during the unit of the conversation. These comments should be referenced as in any other essay/report.
Notes on preparing for Assessment item 1:
1. Students must use the primary texts of each theorist, as supplied in the Book of Readings, in their essay to demonstrate their understanding of each theorist’s ideas. It is appropriate for students to use secondary texts, such as the textbook by Vold, Bernard and Snipes, to gain an initial understanding of each theorist. It is not appropriate to use secondary texts as a substitute for the work of each theorist and marks will be deducted from essays that do not utilise the primary texts in describing the theories of crime and punishment.
2. While you can complete this assessment task using only unit readings, you are encouraged to pursue independent research using academically respected sources, journal articles or books to supplement the materials provided.
3. Students are requested to state the word length of their assignment (excluding the bibliography) on the title page of their essay.
4. Marks will be deducted for lateness and over-length essays.
5. Further information will be made available in the early part of the semester on the expectations for this assignment.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]