At the turn of the 20 th century:
- • How did imperialism OR nationalism OR industrialization OR militarism OR demographic transformations shape international relations at the turn of the 20 th century?
- • What factors led to the outbreak of the First World War? (You could analyze one or several of the many causes of the war.)
The Great War:
- • What were the war aims OR military strategies of the various belligerents in World War I? How did they evolve in the course of the war?
- • How was the Great War the first truly global conflict?
- • Examine the role of diplomacy in the Great War. Was it a positive or negative influence in prolonging the war?
- • How did technology, strategy, and attitudes of (political and military) leaders ensure the persistence of trench warfare?
- • What role did the United States play in the First World War?
The Peace Settlements:
- • What factors contributed to the shaping of the Paris Peace Settlement?
- • Why did the Paris Peace Settlement fail to preserve peace in Europe?
- • Was the Treaty of Versailles responsible for the outbreak of the Second World War?
- • To what extent did self-determination resolve conflicts between nation-states?
Emergence of Communism:
- • What was the impact of the Bolshevik Revolution on international relations during and immediately after the First World War?
- • How did the foreign policy of the Soviet Union shape international relations in the 1920s and 1930s?
- • What were the causes OR consequences of the Russo-Japanese War?
- • What were the causes OR consequences of the Boxer Rebellion?
- • How did the rise of Japanese imperialism shape international relations in the Far East?
- • What impact did the decline and collapse of the Imperial China have on international relations in East Asia?
- • Can the Manchurian Incident be considered a turning point in Far Eastern international relations?
- • What were the main causes of the outbreak of the Sino-Japanese War of 1937?
- • Examine the reasons behind the Japanese decision to attack Pearl Harbor.
Rise of Fascism:
- • What were the chief goals of the Italian foreign policy under Benito Mussolini? Were any of them achieved?
- • What were the foreign policy aims of fascist states?
- • Why did radical ideologies become popular by the late 1920s and the 1930s?
The Roaring Twenties:
- • How did the League of Nations perform in the 1920s to ensure peace around the world?
- • How lasting and quick was the economic recovery of the various powers in the 1920s?
- • To what extent did Locarno ensure peace in Europe?
- • Was the United States isolationist in the interwar years?
Middle East, Africa and East Asia in the Interwar Years:
- • How did the conflicting promises of the Great Powers and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire during World War I shape the post-war settlement in the Middle East?
- • Compare and contrast British and French policy in the Middle East in the interwar years.
- • How did the growing importance of oil affect the international relations in the Middle East?
- • How did the growing struggle for liberation affect the situation in Africa in the interwar years?
- • How did India’s calls for self-rule in the interwar years affect British imperialism and the broader international order?
World War II:
- What factors contributed to the outbreak of the Second World War?
- Why did appeasement fail to preserve peace in the 1930s? Was it a rational and viable policy?
- What impact did the Great Depression have on international relations?
- Why was Nazi Germany militarily successful in the first two years of the Second World War?
- Compare and contrast the American and Soviet contributions to the allied victory in World War II?
Historical figures and their impact on international relations:
With the permission of the instructor, you can write on any historical figure of your interest:
Arthur Balfour; Edward Benes; Leon Blum; Aristide Briand; Neville Chamberlain; Chiang Kai-Shek; Winston Churchill; Georges Clemenceau; Adolf Hitler; John Maynard Keynes; William Lyon Mackenzie; Lenin; David Lloyd George; Mao Tse-Tung; Benito Mussolini; Nicholas II; Joseph Stalin; Woodrow Wilson; Kemal Ataturk; Gustav Stresemann; Emperor Hirohito; etc.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]